Thursday, January 24, 2013

Faves 2012





I saw a lot of films in 2012 and many of them were great. I also have a little "Yet to Watch" list. I'll get there.

Here are my faves from last year, keeping in mind that some films that seem absent from the list may not have come out until 2013 here in Australia.


In no particular order (but the ones in bold I really loved): 


  • Searching for Sugarman
  • John Carter (Woefully underrated and unnecessarily attacked by film critics. Could have been this generation's Star Wars/Indiana Jones) 
  • Argo
  • Looper
  • Brave
  • The Avengers
  • Dark Knight Rises
  • Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (saw beginning of 2012 in AU)
  • Skyfall
  • 21 Jumpstreet
  • Chronicle
  • Moonrise Kingdom
  • End of Watch
  • Dark Shadows
  • Ruby Sparks
  • Dredd
  • The Hobbit
  • Life of Pi
  • Pitch Perfect
  • Jeff Who Lives at Home 
  • The Watch
  • The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 
  • Lawless

I have yet to see:
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Seven Psychopaths
  • Hotel Transylvania
  • Silver Linings Playbook (AU 2013)
  • Django Unchained (AU 2013)
  • Zero Dark Thirty (AU 2013) 

What did I miss? See something I have grossly neglected? Outraged by my love for John Carter? Comment below! 


No comments: